Seasoned Potato Wedges with so many amazing flavors!!! Just as popular as fries, wedges are the perfect appetizer or snack!
Seasoned Baked Potato Wedges are the perfect side dish and great with everything from Chicken fry to Cheesy Chicken Cutlets.
Homemade wedges are so much better than store-bought. Here’s the how-to breakdown to make them in the comfort of your own kitchen!
Seasoned Potato Wedges
When I first started out making wedges, the one thing I was intimidated by was how to cut potatoes into the perfect shape wedge. Getting them crispy was another issue. BUT, it is actually the complete opposite as they are SO EASY to make!
Seasoning with paprika, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper makes them super quick to throw together.
Why This Recipe Works?
- The combination of spices adds a kick of flavor without the hassle of chopping garlic and onions.
- Using low-fat cooking spray makes them less oily in taste and much healthier.
- The flavors used makes them a versatile side dish that works with anything from fish to steak.
- 6 large russet potatoes, rinsed
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Multi purpose Flour.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, (or 3 teaspoons garlic powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, (adjust to your tastes)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black cracked pepper
- Cumin seeds
STEPS ON HOW TO PREPARE
- Start by washing the potatoes to get rid of any dirt. Then cut each potato in half lengthwise, cut each half into 2-4 wedges (depending on size) so that you end up with 6-8 wedges from each potato.
2. Boil some water with salt in a pot and once starts boiling, put the sliced wedges into it .
Set a timer for 5 min. In this step, 50% of the potato is done.
3. In a small jug, combine the Wheat flour, Multi- purpose flour, cumin seeds. Sprinkle paprika, garlic powder, oregano, parsley onion powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Now add the wedges into the prepared batter and let it settle for 2 min.
5. Fry the Wedges . Tadda !! Crispy Spicy Potato Wedges are ready to serve. Have it with some Yummy Tomato Sauce!!