Who doesn’t love to eat the traditional Mutton/ Laham Mandi ? Ofcourse, we all love to try this.
Arabic Mutton Mandi or Laham Mandi is a traditional meat and rice dish (which is almost similar to Kabsa or Biryani ). This Dish is very much fond among the Middle east, Yemen and Saudi Arabia. The word Mandi comes from the arabic word, NADA, which means dew. Hence, reflects a dewy flavour when the meat is cooked.
This recipe has been originated in Yemen, but now very much common among Indians and Pakistanis.
The Traditional Mutton/ Laham Mandi Recipe is prepared by roasting the mutton. Especially a young Lamb to enhance its flavour. Sometimes Mandi is prepared using chicken, but the traditional Mandi dish consists of mutton or lamb. We also add Raisins, Almonds, Cashews and Nuts fried in Butter for garnishing to give that crispy crunch and flavour.
This Recipe is prepared with delicious Arabian Rice, i.e, cooked in moist Rice and a perfectly cooked tender mutton. The Mutton is fully cooked with Mandi Spices.
A combination of soft and tender Mutton/ Lamb Meat with aromatic rice along with Arabic style Tomato chutney will make you fall in love !!! Believe me!
However, I am giving this Traditional Mandi Recipe a DESI TWIST. But the changes are optional if you want to follow the traditional Arabian recipe, you can skip those ingredients.So, let’s start now!!
RECIPE- How to Make Arabic Laham Mandi at Home?
Mandi Recipe is prepared with delicious Arabian Rice, i.e, cooked in moist Rice and a perfectly cooked tender mutton. The Mutton has to be fully cooked with Spices.
Ingredients for Mutton Mandi Recipe
- 400 gm Rice
- 500 gm Mutton
- Salt (As Needed)
- 1 & 1/2 TBSP Mandi Masala
- Seasons Canola Oil-6 TBSP
- 1 Medium Sized Onion
- Whole Cumin-1 TSP
- Whole Hot Spices -1 TBSP
- Green Chilies -2
- Garlic (Chopped)-1 TBSP
- Red Chili Powder-1 TSP
- Dry Ginger Powder -1 TSP
- Coriander Powder-1 TSP
- Cumin Powder-1 TSP
- 2 & 1/2 Glasses Hot Water
- Turmeric Powder-1 TSP
Ingredients for Mandi Masala
- Cloves powder -1 TSP
- Bay leaf powder-1 TSP
- Cardamom powder -1 TSP
- Black Cardamom powder-1 TSP
- Cinnamon powder-1 TSP
- Black Pepper powder-1 TSP
- Nutmeg powder-1 TSP
- Roasted Coriander powder-1 TSP
- Roasted Cumin powder-1 TSP
Instructions for Mandi Masala
- Put all the ingredients (Bay leaf powder, Cloves powder, Cardamom powder, Black Cardamom powder, Cinnamon powder, Black Pepper powder, Nutmeg powder, Roasted Coriander powder, Roasted Cumin powder, in a grinder and grind well.
Instructions for Mutton Mandi/Laham Mandi
- In a pot, add and marinate the mutton, salt, Mandi Masala, turmeric, Seasons Canola Oil.
- Keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a cooking pot, pour Seasons Canola Oil, onion, whole cumin, whole hot spices, salt, green chili and fry it until light brown.
- Now , garlic chopped, marinated mutton,salt, red chili powder,black pepper crushed, dry ginger powder (sonth), coriander powder, cumin powder has to be added.
- Next, place hot water in it and steam for 30-40 minutes on low flame.
- Now fry the Mutton in Ghee till light brown
- The meat has to be soft.
- Let the mutton out and add rice in the pot and cook for a while.
- Afterward, add mutton on the surface of rice and steam.
- In the end place a foil paper in the middle of rice with ember and butter and cover it for a while.
- Garnish with some almonds,cashews , raisins and nuts fried in ghee.
- Your tasty Mutton Mandi dish is ready to serve.
ABOUT RIYADH MOMMY
Welcome to my La La land! I am first time Mommy to a cute, naughty baby boy and staying in Riyadh, I am a Dentist and a Blogger too, giving you a tour about Mommy’s life and latest happenings in Saudi Arabia.
Here , on Riyadh Mommy, we share everything related to Riyadh and surrounding cities’ life.We bring you all the tips and adequate information for mothers to take care of kids and house chores and above all, self love.
Are you a new Mommy?
Are you new here and moved recently to Saudi Arabia?
Everybody’s heard “HEALTH IS WEALTH”, but their are very few who guide genuinely how to take care using natural remedies without any side effects.
Do not have any idea about the latest Healthcare and Skincare products to purchase?
To read more ..CLICK HERE!!!